May 1-7 is small business week and in honor of that, I want to share some of the small businesses I know of/support. I hope you will consider them if ever you are in need of their particular products/services.
In looking for businesses I could share with you, I noticed something… Many people who are just starting and some who’ve been in business a while have overlooked something crucial. Though I may know you run a business and I may even know exactly what you do and whom you serve… I don’t know how to get in touch. Sure I can send a private message on your facebook profile, but where can I find out about your business? It’s not in the about section, it’s not on google or easily found in a facebook search. I would like to leave the business owners with one tip- MAKE YOUR BUSINESS EASY TO FIND AND CONTACT. You don’t need to have a snazzy webiste, create a facebook page and link it to your profile in the work section; or create a LinkedIn page, please! The community cannot support what we cannot find.
Now here are a few businesses I want to highlight. Disclaimer: Nepotism in FULL effect.
- My homie from way back in the day, Scarlett Chambers and her brother can do hair and makeup for your special event, they own Beauty Chambers in Dallas!
- Maritza Baez is not only a MD in Buffalo, NY; she also sells organic makeup and skincare products by Pangea
- Sharana Cook has what all the girls love, an effortless, but flawless manicure with her Jamberry products
- If you want to take care of what’s inside too, Charlotte Holloway, who just happens to be the best mom I’ve ever had, is your lady for all things Herbal Life. Get your shakes, viatmins and supplements from her.
- My cousin Natosha Overstreet is your go-to gal to get that weight off with IT WORKS! products so contact her for that if you’re feeling jiggly 🙂
- Christy Broady owns The Little Things and can handle your invitations and your cakes in the Slidell, LA area
- Kristen Parks has cakes and cookies in the St. Petersburg Florida area with Culinary Nerd Cakes. Talk about two people I wish were closer!
- For Branding and Strategic business moves contact the SWAGinista extraordinaire Rachel Wilson Thibodeaux of SWAG Strategy.
- If your issue is getting your name out there and visibility contact Jackie Kotei who knows a thing or three about PR, marketing and online visibilty.
- And one of my friends and mentors Amanda Goldman Petri runs Market Like A Nerd. She is a genius when it comes to marketing and technology!
Speaking of Technology, TeeDee Davis in Sugarland, TX is doing BIG things. This chick is IT to help you get your web and graphic design LIFE. Check out Latitude Solutions, you can thank me later.
Finally, there’s me… If you’re reading this, you probably already know, I run a Virtual Administrative company called VA Gladiator. I help my clients overcome overwhelm. Like the gladiators form the insanely popular show Scandal, I give my clients peace of mind in knowing some of their least favorite tasks ‘are handled.’
If I forgot you, please charge it to my head and not my heart and share your biz in the comments!